Friday, September 10, 2010

Football is here.

We had our fantasy football draft a couple of weeks ago, and as every year I had all of the teams make up poster boards so we could show the names of players taken each round. This year I wanted a new team name and went in search of a good mascot.

Somehow I stumbled across this t-shirt. It all came together nicely from there, and I did my best in recreating the image for my draft poster...

















Of course, I had to include a description for all the non-D&D players in the league...

MIND FLAYER

FREQUENCY: Rare

NO. APPEARING: 11

ARMOR CLASS: -2

MOVE: Faster than you.

HIT DICE: 8 +

% IN LAIR: 50%

TREASURE TYPE: Bling

NO. OF ATTACKS: 4 downs

DAMAGE/ATTACK: 7 points

SPECIAL ATTACKS: Hail Mary

SPECIAL DEFENSES: 3-4 Nickel

MAGIC RESISTANCE: Untouchable

INTELLIGENCE: Genius

ALIGNMENT Lawful evil

SIZE: M

Mind flayers are found only in domed stadiums, as they detest sunlight. They are greatly evil and consider the bulk of the DFL as cattle to feed upon.

The mind flayer's physical attack consists of the long ball threat as well as a formidable running game. Few can withstand the force of their offense. Most flee in the face of their terrible offensive power.

If an encounter is going against a mind flayer, they will dispute the rules and blame injuries to key players as well as bad calls by referees.

Description: The mind flayer's skin glistens with slime. Its skin color is a Nauseous mauve, its tentacles being purplish black. A mind flayer's eyes are a menacing red no pupil being evident. The three long fingers of each hand are reddish, but the hands are mauve

3 comments:

  1. Duuuuuuuuuuuude! I had a FF team named The Mindflayers a couple of years back. Crazy!

    However, IIRC, they weren't quite a successful as my other team, The Dopplegangers. With *that* squad, my kicker and TE would frequently take the form of L.T., Moss, Brady... whomever I chose. Worked like a charm. ;^]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the commissioner of our league and bottom dweller of the league. Fantasy football has not been good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was asked to "co-commish" this year but turned it down...it's all I can do to keep up with my blog AND try to keep my team out of the cellar!

    ReplyDelete